Perfect Pecan Pie
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White karo syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broken pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||5 , well beaten|
|Unbaked pastry shell||1|
1) Preheat the oven to at 325°F.
2) In a bowl, beat together margarine, sugar and egg yolks, until light.
3) Blend in syrup, vanilla and pecans and stir well.
4) Lightly fold in the beaten egg whites in the yolk mixture.
5) Spoon the egg mixture into unbaked pastry shell.
6) Bake in the oven for one hour or until custard like in consistency.
7) Place the pie on the wire rack and allow to cool.
8) Serve with ice cream and a few pecans sprinkled over the top, or whipped cream if desired.
Calories 1050 Calories from Fat 457
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.4%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 231.4 mg77.1%
Sodium 475.1 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 73.2 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 0.54%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet