Perfect Pecan Pie
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White karo syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broken pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||5 , well beaten|
|Unbaked pastry shell||1|
1) Preheat the oven to at 325°F.
2) In a bowl, beat together margarine, sugar and egg yolks, until light.
3) Blend in syrup, vanilla and pecans and stir well.
4) Lightly fold in the beaten egg whites in the yolk mixture.
5) Spoon the egg mixture into unbaked pastry shell.
6) Bake in the oven for one hour or until custard like in consistency.
7) Place the pie on the wire rack and allow to cool.
8) Serve with ice cream and a few pecans sprinkled over the top, or whipped cream if desired.