Apricot Raisin Pie
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Plumped raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a 9-inch pie plate, spray with a vegetable spray.
3) In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and honey together, until pale.
4) Stir in the yogurt, vanilla and orange extracts.
5) In a food processor, process the apricots with flour, until the apricots are chopped.
6) Then fold along with the raisins into yogurt mixture.
7) In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
8) Sprinkle in the cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form.
9) Then fold into the yogurt mixture and mix thoroughly.
10) In the prepared pie plate, turn the mixture and bake on middle shelf of the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until puffy and lightly browned.
11) Then cover lightly with a foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
12) Serve the cooled Apricot Raisin Pie on a serving platter.