Carob Coconut Pie
|Skim milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), divided|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided (1 1/2 envelopes)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||5 Tablespoon, divided (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Carob chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flaked unsweetened coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, spray with a vegetable spray.
2) In a small saucepan, soften 1/2 envelope gelatin in 1/4 cup skim milk for 5 minutes.
3) In a medium bowl, beat the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup honey and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together until smooth.
4) In the top of a double boiler set over hot water, melt the carob chips and butter together.
5) Stir the softened gelatin mixture over a medium heat stirring constantly until the gelatin is dissolved.
6) Beat the gelatin mixture along with the carob mixture into the cheese mixture, blend thoroughly.
7) Spread the mixture evenly at the bottom of the prepared pie plate and
refrigerate until set.
8) In a medium saucepan, blend the cornstarch in 1 cup skim milk.
9) Soften the remaining gelatin in the mixture for 5 minutes.
10) Stir in 1 tablespoon honey and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is slightly thickened and the gelatin is dissolved.
11) Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 cups skim milk and flaked coconut; blend thoroughly.
12) Gently pour over the carob mixture and refrigerate until set.
13) Slice and serve the Carob Coconut Pie on a platter.