Excellent Pie Crust
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (white)|
|Ice water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, sift together flour and salt.
2) Using the electric mixer work shortening into the flour or by crossing two knives against each other.
3) The mixture has to be pea sized.
4) Pour in the iced water and stir in with fork to moisten the dough.
5) Divide the dough into 2 balls, cover in wax paper, wrap, and seal, chill thoroughly.
6) Roll the dough and line a baking tin, fill with desired filling and bake.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2030 Calories from Fat 1140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.1%
Saturated Fat 27.7 g138.7%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 999.3 mg41.6%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A 51.7% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 64.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet