Lemon Sponge Pie
|Lemon pie filling||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|9 inch unbaked pastry shell||1|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together milk, butter, beaten egg yolk and pie filling.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat egg whites.
4. Gradually add sugar and beat until the mixture is stiff.
5. Fold in the pie filling mixture with the egg white mixture.
6. Into the unbaked pastry shell, pour the mixture and cover with crumbs of graham cracker.
7. Place the pie in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Cut and serve Lemon Sponge Pie.