Sensational Fruit Pie
|Skinny piecrust||1 (1 recipe)|
|Unsweetened frozen strawberries||10 Ounce, thawed (1/2 of a 20 ounce package)|
|Canned unsweetened crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 can)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seedless green grapes||24 , halved and divided|
1) Use pastry to line a 9-inch pie plate and bake blind.
2) Drain the strawberries and pineapple and keep aside the juices for later use.
3) Combine the juices and add 1 1/2 cups into a saucepan. (If you don-'t have the required 1 1/2 cups, then add water to make up the difference.)
4) Add in cornstarch and cinnamon.
5) Stirring the mix, heat till it turns thick and boils.
6) In a bowl, add strawberries, pineapple, and 40 pieces of the halved grapes.
7) Pour in the thickened juice and chill till it cools a little.
8) Transfer into the piecrust and refrigerate to chill.
9) Use the remaining halved grapes to decorate around the edge of the pie.