Cheery Cherry Pie
|Frozen unsweetened cherries||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs), thawed|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked in water till they swell|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brandy extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pie crust||1 Small, uncooked (1 mini size, ready made)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200C (400F).
2. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch and mix well.
3. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine raisins, cherries and honey. Mix well.
4. Cook over a medium flame for few minutes.
5. Add cornstarch mixture, mix well and cook till mixture is thick, while stirring occasionally.
6. Once thickened, remove off flame and add brandy. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
7. Following packet instructions prepare pie base and line a 5 inch pie tin/ pie pan with crust.
8. Transfer cherry mixture on to pie base and spread evenly.
9. Cover with aluminium foil and bake at bottom rack in pre heated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or till crust is pale golden brown in colour.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside.
11. Cut into wedges and serve warm.