Romertopf Apple Pie
|Short pastry/Flaky pastry||1 (made from 8 ounce flour)|
|Cooking apples||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||3 Drop|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Take half the amount of pastry and line the soaked romertopf with it.
3) Peel, core and slice the cooking apples.
4) Add in the apples along with sugar and cloves into the romertopf.
5) Add in lemon juice.
6) With the leftover pastry, cover the vessel like a lid. Poke a few holes in the dough to allow the heat to escape.
7) Cover and cook for a little over an hour.
8) Remove the lid and let cook for 10 to 15 more minutes, till the crust browns slightly.
9) Serve the Apple Pie in individual dessert plates, sprinkled with powdered sugar.