Pumpkin Pie Using Milnot
|9 inch pastry shell||1 , unbaked|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milnot||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Nut meats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, mix together sugar, flour, salt and spices.
3. In another large bowl, mix sugar mixture with the pumpkin.
4. Stir in MILNOT and eggs.
5. Add nuts, if desired.
6. Into the unbaked pie shell, pour the pumpkin mixture and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes until a knife inserted near the centre of the pie comes out clean.
8. Let the pie cool down.
9. Garnish with whipped cream.
10. Cut Pumpkin Pie into 8 wedges and serve.