Glazed Apricot Cheese Pie
|Canned apricot halves||17 Ounce (1 can)|
|9 inch pie shell/Graham cracker crumb crust||1 , baked, cooled|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 package)|
|Cold milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package, 6 serving size Brand)|
|Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
1. Drain canned apricots and reserve 1/3 cup of syrup.
2. Keep aside 6 apricot halves for garnishing.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until soft.
4. Gradually add a cup of milk and beat until smooth.
5. Add the rest of the milk, measured syrup and pie filling mix; beat at low speed or about 1 minute until well blended.
6. Into the pie shell, arrange the remaining apricots.
7. Pour the filling mixture above the apricots and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
8. Cut the reserved apricots into 3 pieces and arrange like a flower on top of the pie filling.
9. At the centre of each flower, place a cherry.
10. Using a brush, apply corn syrup over the fruits.
11. Refrigerate the pie for a minimum of 3 hours for chilling.
12. Cut Glazed Apricot Cheese Pie into 6 wedges and serve chilled in dessert plates.
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.1 mg16.4%
Sodium 532.7 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet