Dieter's Pie Crust
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sifted|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Using a cloth, tightly squeeze cottage cheese until dry; discard the liquid.
2. Press the cheese through a sieve.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a large mixing bowl, place the dry ingredients and cut shortening over it.
5. Add cottage cheese and using a fork mix lightly to form a dough; make a ball.
6. Over a lightly floured pastry cloth, turn the dough and roll into a 11 inch circle.
7. Place the dough in a 9 inch springform pan and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Use Dieter's Pie Crust for making any of your favorite pie.