Mystery Pecan Pie
|9 inch single crust pie pastry||1|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 package)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs) (light or dark)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry into a 11 inch circle.
3. In a small bowl, put together cream cheese with 1/3 cup sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 egg; using a electric blender, beat at medium speed until the ingredients are well blended.
4. In another small bowl, mix together all the topping ingredients until well combine.
5. At the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate, line with the prepared pastry.
6. Pour the cheese mixture into the pastry lined pan.
7. Sprinkle pecans on top.
8. Spread the topping mixture over the pecans.
9. Bake the pie in oven for 45 minutes.
10. Cut and serve Mystery Pecan Pie while it-'s still warm.
11. If desired, add a dollop of ice-cream on each serving.