Never Fail Pie Crust
|Unbleached flour||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs), sifted (Ceresota/Hecker'S)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
1. Into a large bowl, using a sieve, sift together flour, salt and sugar.
2. Cut the shortening.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, put together egg, vinegar and water; beat until well combined.
4. Add the shortening to the flour and sprinkle egg mixture; using a spoon mix well.
5. Using hands, gather dough to form a ball.
6. Wrap the dough on wax paper and refrigerate for about 2 hours before using.
7. Use Never Fail Pie Crust for making all types of pies.