Homemade Pear Crunch Pie
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned pear halves||29 Ounce (1 can, Stokely's finest)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|9 inch pie shell||1 , unbaked|
|Oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
2. In a saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch, salt and nutmeg.
3. Drain canned pears reserving 1 ½ cups liquids.
4. Add the reserved liquid the saucepan.
5. Over medium heat, cook until the mixture is thick and clear.
6. Remove the pan from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice.
7. Into the bottom of the unbaked pie shell, arranged drained pears and pour the sauce over it.
8. In a bowl, mix together all the topping ingredients and spread on the pie.
9. Bake the pie in preheated oven for 15 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 350° Fahrenheit for another 40-45 minutes until the pie is done.
10. Slice and serve Pear Crunch Pie.
11. If desired, serve with a dollop of ice cream.