Pilgrim Pumpkin Pie
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Canned pumpkin/Pumpkin - 2 cups, cooked, mashed||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk/Whole milk /light cream||13 Ounce (1 2/3 cups, 1 can)|
|9 inch unbaked pastry shell||1|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a 9 inch pie plate with unbaked pastry shell.
3. In a large mixing bowl, using a electric mixer, beat eggs slightly.
4. Stir in rest of the ingredients and mix well.
5. Into the pie shell, pour the filling mixture and bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 45 minutes until the pie is set.
7. Cut the Pilgrim Pumpkin Pie into 10 wedges.
8. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.