CHERRY ALMOND PIE
|9 inch double pie crust||1|
|Tart cherries||2 1⁄2 Pound (fresh or frozen)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Pure almond extract||2 Tablespoon|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Raw sugar||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Toss cherries and all ingredients together in a glass or metal baking pan, at least 1” deep. Make sure cherries are well coated.
3. Bake cherry mixture for 20 minutes, remove from oven and stir.
4. Prepare pie crust, rolling out bottom crust and top crust or lattice (crumb top works great too!).
5. Fill pie with cherry mixture and top with lattice or flat top. Crimp edges.
6. Lightly brush top with egg wash of one lightly beaten egg and sprinkle with raw sugar.
7. Bake at 375 for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2446 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.1 mg72%
Sodium 437.9 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 540 g180.2%
Dietary Fiber 27.4 g109.5%
Sugars 459.7 g
Protein 26 g51.3%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 132.3%
Calcium 24.9% Iron 37.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet