Meat Shell Pie
|Canned condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frankfurters||6 , split|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded process cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
2) Line a cookie sheet with a double layer of foil .
3) In a bowl, combine the ground beef, 1/2 cup tomato soup, salt, and 1 teaspoon chili powder together; mix thoroughly.
4) Pat out the mixture firmly into a 11-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick on the foil and turn up the edges of foil.
5) Firmly press the frankfurters with cut side up, into the beef circle in a spoke fashion.
6) In a saucepan, saute the onion with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder in butter, until tender.
7) Stir in rest of the tomato soup and spread over the beef mixture.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; then drain off excess fat.
9) Sprinkle with both the cheeses and bake further, until melted.
10) Slice into wedges and serve the Meat Shell Pie immediately on a serving platter.