|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 , grated (From 2 Fruit)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Butter the bottom of pie pan and dust with flour.
3) In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until fluffy.
4) Fold the cream of tartar in the egg whites and continue beating until firm.
5) Add sugar and beat until stiff and glossy.
6) Spoon the egg white mixture and cover the bottom of pie pan.
7) Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
8) Remove the pastry shell from the oven and allow to cool.
9) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until thickened.
10) Slowly add the sugar and beat.
11) Add the lemon juice and rind.
12) In a top bowl of the double boiler, pour the egg yolk mixture and cook stirring constantly for 5 to 8 minutes until thick.
13) Remove from heat and cool the yolk mixture.
14) Spread 1/2 of the whipped cream over the baked shell.
15) Top the cream with lemon mixture and cover with the remaining whipped cream.
16) Place the pie in refrigerator for 9 to 10 hours.
17) Cut in wedges and serve sprinkled with icing sugar if desired.