Chocolate Surprise Pie
|Lady finger cookies||24 (Or Biscuits)|
|Chocolate slab||1⁄2 Pound, chopped and melted (Sweet Variety)|
|Eggs||4 , separated into yolks and whites|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Cherries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Place wax paper in a round deep cake pan.
2. Line half quantity of lady fingers at sides and bottom of cake pan, ensuring the brown portion is facing outwards. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites and beat well. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine melted chocolate, sugar, water and egg yolks. Mix well.
5. Cook on a medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes till smooth, while stirring continuously.
6. Once smooth, keep aside to cool.
7. Once cooled, add vanilla and egg whites and fold gently using a rubber spatula.
8. Transfer half quantity of prepared mixture over ladyfingers and spread evenly.
9. Place remaining ladyfingers and top with chocolate mixture. Spread uniformly.
10. Place wax paper on top and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
11. Remove from pan, top with whipped cream, nuts and cherries. Slice and serve chilled.