Chocolate Surprise Pie
|Lady finger cookies||24 (Or Biscuits)|
|Chocolate slab||1⁄2 Pound, chopped and melted (Sweet Variety)|
|Eggs||4 , separated into yolks and whites|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Cherries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Place wax paper in a round deep cake pan.
2. Line half quantity of lady fingers at sides and bottom of cake pan, ensuring the brown portion is facing outwards. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites and beat well. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine melted chocolate, sugar, water and egg yolks. Mix well.
5. Cook on a medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes till smooth, while stirring continuously.
6. Once smooth, keep aside to cool.
7. Once cooled, add vanilla and egg whites and fold gently using a rubber spatula.
8. Transfer half quantity of prepared mixture over ladyfingers and spread evenly.
9. Place remaining ladyfingers and top with chocolate mixture. Spread uniformly.
10. Place wax paper on top and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
11. Remove from pan, top with whipped cream, nuts and cherries. Slice and serve chilled.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3409 Calories from Fat 1011
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.8%
Saturated Fat 38.8 g194%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1036.7 mg345.6%
Sodium 1678.4 mg69.9%
Total Carbohydrates 532 g177.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.9%
Sugars 296.2 g
Protein 64 g128%
Vitamin A 57.9% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 166.4% Iron 101%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet