Los Angeles Angel Pie
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Unbaked 9 inch pastry shell||2|
1) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until thickened.
2) Slowly add the sugar and beat.
3) Add the lemon juice and rind.
4) In a top bowl of the double boiler, pour the egg yolk mixture and cook stirring constantly for 5 to 8 minutes until thick.
5) Remove from heat and cool the yolk mixture.
6) Spread 1/2 of the whipped cream over the baked shell.
7) Top the cream with lemon mixture and cover with the remaining whipped cream.
8) Place the pie in refrigerator for 9 to 10 hours.
9) Cut in wedges and serve sprinkled with icing sugar if desired.