|Plain flour||175 Gram|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (To Mix)|
|Lard||40 Gram, cut in small pieces|
|Butter/Margarine||40 Gram, cut in small pieces|
|Soft brown sugar||225 Gram|
|Plain flour||25 Gram|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, place the flour.
3) Into the flour, rub the fat till the mixture looks like fresh breadcrumbs.
4) Mix in just enough cold water to bind.
5) In a plastic bag, put the mixture and chill.
6) Roll out the shortcrust pastry, and with it, line a flat tin.
7) Chill the tin in the fridge.
8) In the meantime, cream together the sugar, butter and egg yolks till the mixture is light and fluffy.
9) Add the flour, vanilla essence and evaporated milk.
10) In a 20 cm. flan tin, put the walnuts and then pour over the prepared mixture.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
12) Reduce the oven-€™s temperature to 275 degrees and bake for another 40 minutes, till the mixture has set.
13) Transfer the Walnut Pie to a decorative serving platter and serve hot as a dessert or chill for sometimes and serve cold.