|Diced mixed vegetables||1 Pint (Use Carrot, Onion, Turnip, Cauliflower, Celery, Beans, Peas, Baked Beans, Etc. To Fill A 1 Pint Pie Dish)|
|Yeast extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheese pastry||4 Ounce|
1. Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
2. Wash, clean and prepare vegetables into 1/4 inch. dice; leave peas as whole.
3. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry.
4. Take a 1 pint pie dish and transfer the cut vegetables into it so that it is filled to just above the rim; season very lightly with salt and pepper.
5. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast extract in warm water and pour over the vegetables.
6. Line rim of the pie dish, then cover pie with pastry.
7. Flake and flute edges.
8. Brush with milk, and make a small hole in the centre of the pie crust for the moisture to escape
9. Cook half way down the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the pastry is just brown.
10. Lower settings to 300°F, and bake for a further 30 to 45 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
8. Make slices and serve hot.
Calories 377 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.1 mg3%
Sodium 399.5 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 68.3% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet