Home Style Turkey Pot Pies With Buttermilk Crust
|Turkey breast||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , diced|
|Sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Fresh corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a pot, boil the stock and cook the turkey breast until tender.
2. Scoop out the turkey breasts from the stock and cut into ½ inch cubes and allow the stock to simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Using ¾ cup Buttermilk, flour, baking powder, baking soda and butter prepare a buttermilk biscuit dough by rubbing them together.
4. In a large non stick skillet, heat oil, add red peppers, mushrooms and sautÃ© until soft and remove from heat.
5. Add corn, diced turkey breasts and stir.
6. Into the simmering stock, stir in a blend of ¼ cup of buttermilk and corn starch until thickens, remove from heat.
7. Now, add the buttermilk sauce to the turkey and vegetables and season.
8. Into eight 4-inch round baking dishes spoon the turkey and sauce mixture.
9. Now, roll the prepared buttermilk biscuit dough to about ½ inch thickness and cut 8 rounds using a 3-inch cookie cutter.
10. Place each round of the dough over the baking dish with turkey and sauce mix.
11. In a preheated oven bake the pot pies at 250 degrees centigrade for about 20 minutes until the biscuits are brown.
12. Serve the pot pies hot.