Home Style Turkey Pot Pies with Buttermilk Crust
|Turkey breast||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , diced|
|Sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Fresh corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a pot, boil the stock and cook the turkey breast until tender.
2. Scoop out the turkey breasts from the stock and cut into ½ inch cubes and allow the stock to simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Using ¾ cup Buttermilk, flour, baking powder, baking soda and butter prepare a buttermilk biscuit dough by rubbing them together.
4. In a large non stick skillet, heat oil, add red peppers, mushrooms and sautÃ© until soft and remove from heat.
5. Add corn, diced turkey breasts and stir.
6. Into the simmering stock, stir in a blend of ¼ cup of buttermilk and corn starch until thickens, remove from heat.
7. Now, add the buttermilk sauce to the turkey and vegetables and season.
8. Into eight 4-inch round baking dishes spoon the turkey and sauce mixture.
9. Now, roll the prepared buttermilk biscuit dough to about ½ inch thickness and cut 8 rounds using a 3-inch cookie cutter.
10. Place each round of the dough over the baking dish with turkey and sauce mix.
11. In a preheated oven bake the pot pies at 250 degrees centigrade for about 20 minutes until the biscuits are brown.
12. Serve the pot pies hot.
Calories 1021 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.2 mg38.1%
Sodium 661.1 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.7%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 59 g117.7%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 67.7%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 31.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet