Chicken and Potato Pie
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Small red potatoes||1 Pound, quartered|
|Frozen carrots||10 Ounce, thawed|
|Baby onions||15 Ounce|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||4 , cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|1 % low fat milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce, thawed|
|Frozen phyllo dough sheets||6 , thawed (18 X 14 Inches In Size)|
1. In a saucepan, add chicken stock, water and boil. Simmer potatoes until almost tender and remove onto a plate.
2. Add carrots to the same stock and simmer until almost tender and remove onto a plate.
3. Add chicken to the same stock and simmer until tender and remove onto a plate.
4. Continue to simmer the stock until reduced by about half.
5. In a bowl, blend corn starch and milk until smooth, and stir into the simmering stock, add tarragon, salt, pepper, potatoes, onions, chicken, peas and mix until it thickens.
6. In a baking dish, pour in the chicken and vegetables mixture.
7. Separately, brush individually the filo sheets with little oil, and lightly and loosely place them over the baking dish with the mixture. Trim the sheets leaving about 1/4 inch extra around dish, seal the edges by pressing with fingers
8. Give even cut over the top of the sheets and brush with oil and bake at about 250 degrees centigrade for 35 minutes until crust is golden and crisp.
9. Serve hot.
Calories 1210 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.8%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 208.6 mg69.5%
Sodium 1231.3 mg51.3%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.1 g92.5%
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 109 g218.2%
Vitamin A 635% Vitamin C 292.3%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 84.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet