Frozen Strawberry Pie
|Crushed digestive biscuits||175 Gram|
|Melted margarine||75 Gram|
|Frozen strawberries||275 Gram|
|Caster sugar||165 Gram|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||300 Milliliter|
1) Part de-frost the strawberries to be used.
2) Mix together the margarine and the digestive biscuits.
3) Into a greased 8-inches flan tin, press the mixture. Prefer a tin with a loose bottom.
4) Beat the egg whites till they are stiff and then add the caster sugar, lemon juice and strawberries. Beat well.
5) Whip the cream till soft peaks start to form and fold it into the strawberry mixture.
6) For the flan tin, make a greaseproof paper collar in order to support the excess mixture, if any.
7) Pour the prepared mixture into the flan tin, and freeze for some hours.
8) From the flan tin, remove the paper while still frozen. De-frost for about 45 minutes.
9) Serve the pie chilled or at room temperature. Place on a decorative serving platter, cut into wedges and serve.