Fresh Strawberry Pear Pie
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/3 Sticks)|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh strawberries||2 Pint, washed and drained|
|Ripe pears||3 (Fresh)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strawberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375 F.
2) In a medium bowl sieve 1 1/2 cups flour with 3 tablespoons sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
3) With a pastry blender or 2 knives (used scissors-fashion) cut in butter into it and mix until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
4) Add vinegar and mix until mixture is moistened.
5) Knead into a bowl with hands.
6) Refrigerate for 1 hour.
7) To prepare the filling, hull and slice berries. Reserve 1/2 pint.
8) Peel, core and thinly slice 2 pears.
9) In a small bowl mix sugar, salt, cinnamon and flour thoroughly.
10) In a large bowl, add strawberries and pears. Toss gently.
11) Press pastry evenly on the bottom and side of a 9-inch pie plate, 1/2 inch above side to form edge
12) Spoon filling into pastry-lined pie plate, mounding in center.
13) Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
14) Skin and slice remaining pear.
15) Keep the baked pie into rack to cool for 1/2 hour.
16) Garnish with remaining strawberries and sliced pear.
17) Baste with melted preserves.
18) Refrigerate for 2 hours.
19) Serve cold.