Pork Pear Pie
|Lean boneless pork||2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes (Salad Oil - 2 Tablespoons)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sage||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, rubbed|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
|Pears||3 , peeled, each cut into 8 slices|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For potato topping|
|Instant mashed potato||4 Cup (64 tbs) (For 8 Servings)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Needed)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Needed)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© pork cubes for 20 minutes until brown on all sides.
3. Stir in onion and sautÃ© for 5 minutes until golden.
4. Add sage, salt, pepper and browned pork cubes; mix well; discard excess fat.
5. Stir in chicken broth and bring the mixture again to boil; cover and simmer for 60 minutes until pork is fork-tender.
6. In a bowl, toss pear slices with flour.
7. Add the pears to the skillet and stir until combined.
8. Again cover and simmer for 10 minutes until pears are tender and sauce is thickened.
9. Remove the skillet from heat.
10. Into a 2-quart round baking dish, pour the mixture.
11. Following directions on the package, prepare instant mashed potato.
12. Spoon mashed potato over the pork mixture and sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
13. Place the dish in the oven and bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes until potato is lightly browned on top.
14. Serve Pork Pear Pie with an green leaf salad.