Turkey Clam And Corn Pie
|Small white onions||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|All-purpose flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned clams||8 Ounce (1 Can, Undrained)|
|Turkey broth/Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Turkey||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked, in large pieces|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , coarsely chopped|
|Pastry||1 (For 1 Crust Pie)|
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Grease a 2-quart shallow baking dish
3. In a large skillet, tip in the butter and heat well
4. Add the onions and the celery and cook uncovered for 10 minutes on low heat to cook the onions.
5. Add the flour, salt, pepper and the thyme and simmer on low heat. Add the clams, broth and cream to the pan. Add corn and turkey to the pan and simmer again.
6. Bring to the boiling and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally
7. Turn this into the baking dish and stir in the eggs
8. Make the pastry and roll it out to fit on top of the baking dish with an ½ inch of overhang.
9. Place this over the turkey mixture and turn the edge under to seal the rim of the dish and crimp it well. Make slits in the top of the pan to allow steam to escape as the pie cooks.
10. Beat egg yolk well and brush over the pastry. The bake the pastry for 30 minutes till the crust is golden brown.
11. Serve hot.
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 278.3 mg92.8%
Sodium 708.8 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 42 g83.9%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 74.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet