Banana Split Pie
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|9 inch baked pastry shell||1 , cooled|
|Strawberry ice cream||1 Pint|
|Frozen whipped dessert topping||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Whole maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Canned chocolate sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Slice the bananas thinly and sprinkle with lemon juice.
2) On the bottom of the baked pastry shell, arrange the banana slices.
3) Stir the strawberry ice cream to soften it slightly and spread it on top of the bananas.
4) Freeze the layers till firm.
5) Over the ice cream, spread the dessert topping and then top with cherries.
6) Sprinkle nuts all over the top and freeze once again till firm.
7) Remove the pie from the freezer and allow it to stand for about 30 minutes at room temperature. Cut it into wedges and place individual servings on different plates. Spoon the canned chocolate sauce all over and serve as a dessert dish.