Easy Curried Chicken Pie
|Chunk white and dark chicken with broth||13 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans, 6 3/4-Ounce Each, Or 3 Cans 5-Ounce Each)|
|Granny smith apple||1 , cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dried currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Red pepper||1 Dash, ground|
|Pie crusts||15 Ounce, refrigerated (All Ready, 1 Package)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
To make filling:
2. In medium bowl, mix chicken with its broth and remaining filling ingredients until well mixed.
To make the pie :
3. Remove piecrusts from package and unfold them removing plastic cover.
4. On foil pizza pan or parchment-paper-lined, non-disposable pizza pan or 15 1/2-by-12-inch baking sheet, place one piecrust and spoon filling onto center of crust spreading to within 1 inch of edge.
5. Moisten the edge with water, place remaining piecrust over filling mixture and with fork gently press edges to seal.
6. With knife, cut eight 1-inch slits on top crust to vent and bake for 30 minutes until golden-brown.
7. Using slits as a guide, cut pie into 8 wedges and serve.