|Fruit||1 Pint (Of Your Choice, To Fill Pie Dish)|
|Shortcrust pastry/Rough puff / flaky pastry||4 Ounce|
1.Pre-heat the oven to Regulo 7, or 425°F.
2. Wash, clean and prepare the fruit of your choice.
3. Take the 1 pint pie dish and fill half the fruit. Dust with the sugar, then add the remaining fruit so that the dish is filled to just above the rim. Add 2 tablespoons water, unless the fruit is very juicy.
4. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry enough to the shape of the dish, but 1 inch wider all round.
5. Using a knife, Cut a 1 inch strip of pastry from round the edge and use to line the rim of die pie dish. Using water, dampen the pastry rim.
6. Carefully, transfer the pastry top on to the pie. Press damp edges together at the rim. With a knife, trim the edges.
7. Flute the edges of the pastry. Loosen one corner of the pastry, to allow steam to escape.
8. Bake half way down the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until pastry is lightly colored.
9. Lower heat to Regulo 3 or 300°F and continue to bake until fruit is soft when tested with a skewer.
10. Dust lightly with caster sugar. Serve hot with custard or cream.