Coconut Custard Pie
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Can (10 oz)|
|9 inch pastry shell||1|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a bowl and beat eggs with salt, vanilla and sugar.
3) Add milk and mix well.
4) Reserving about 1/2 cup coconut combine the remaining with the egg mixture.
5) Pour the prepared mixture into pastry shell and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until custard tests done.
6) Combine brown sugar, reserved coconut and butter. Sprinkle mixture over pie.
7) Broil about 4-inches away from the source of heat for approximately 3 minutes or until brown in color.
8) Garnish with fresh fruits, if desired.