Southern Curried Chicken Pie
|Canned chicken chunks in broth||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Cans Of 6 3/4 Ounces / 3 Cans Of 5 Ounce Each)|
|Granny smith apple||1 , cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dried currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Instant minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Refrigerated piecrust||15 Ounce (1 Package, All Ready)|
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. To make the filling:
3. In medium bowl, mix chicken with its broth and remaining filling ingredients until well mixed.
4. Remove piecrusts from package, unfold crusts and remove plastic cover.
5. On the baking surface (foil pizza pan or parchment-paper-lined, non-disposable pizza pan or 15 1/2-by-12-inch baking sheet) place a piecrust.
6. Onto center of crust spoon filling spreading to within 1 inch of edge and moisten the edge with water.
7. Place remaining piecrust over filling mixture and gently press edges with fork, to seal.
8. With knife, cut eight 1-inch slits on top crust to vent.
9. Bake 30 minutes until golden-brown.
10. Using slits as a guide, cut pie into 8 wedges and serve.