Bacon and Egg Pie
|Shortcrust pastry||8 Ounce|
|Lean bacon rashers||4 Ounce|
|Chives/Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. Pre-heat oven to Regulo 7 or 425°F.
2. Prepare shortcrust pastry or use a ready made one from store.
3. Take a 7 inch flan tin, using just over half the pastry, roll out thinly and line the base of it. Take the remaining pastry, roll out to fit the top of the tin.
4. Using a knife, trim rind from bacon. Chop bacon into 1 inch pieces. Mix the finely chopped herbs with the bacon.
5. Keep bacon in a cross formation in the bottom of the flan, leaving 4 spaces for eggs.
6. Break an egg into each space. Lightly season..
7. With water, dampen top edge of pastry. Put on pastry lid and press edges very well together. Flute the edge.
8. Apply milk on the top of pie. Keep half way down a hot oven, bake for 10-15 minutes, until pastry is brown; lower settings to Regulo 3 or 300°F and continue to cook for a further 30 minutes to set the eggs.
9. In a nice dish, serve hot with white or tomato sauce and vegetables, or cold with salad.