Fresh Peach Yogurt Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Ounce (2 Envelope)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen sliced peaches||10 Ounce, slightly thawed (1 Package)|
|Peach yogurt||16 Ounce (2 Containers Of 8 Ounce Each)|
|8 inch graham cracker pie shell||1 (Homemade / Store-Bought)|
|Fresh peaches||3 Large|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Apricot preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Prepare a double boiler and set ½ cup of water in the second bowl and then sprinkle the gelatin in the hot water.
2. Let this stand for five minutes to chill
3. Into a food processor, tip in the peaches and the juice and blend well
4. Place the double boiler over the heat and then stir the water till the gelatin dissolves.
5. Add the peaches to the blender and then blend till the peaches are well and finely chopped. The mixture will start to thicken
6. Turn this mixture into a smaller bowl and then gently fold in the yoghurt using a wire whisk
7. Turn this mixture into a pie shell and chill till it firm to cut. This takes about 8 hours or overnight.
8. Peel the peaches and slice them well. Dip the peaches in lemon juice
9. Before serving, arrange the peaches on the top of the pie and brush over the melted preserves. Serve immediately