|Chocolate cookie crumb pie shell||1 (Purchased / Homemade)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green creme de menthe||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White creme de cacao||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated chocolate||2 Tablespoon|
1) Make or buy pie shell. Chill the homemade shell.
2) To prepare the filling, in a large bowl of electric mixer warm the egg whites to room temperature for about 1 hour.
3) In top of double boiler add gelatine in milk. Let soften for 3 minutes.
4) Mix egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar and salt to it. Blend using a rotary beater or fork.
5) Cook and stir over boiling water for 5 minutes until gelatin dissolves.
6) Remove double-boiler top from bottom.
7) Add creme de menthe and creme de cacao into custard mixture.
8) Put double-boiler top in bowl of ice cubes and water.
9) Cool for 10 to 15 minutes stirring occasionally until custard mixture has the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
10) In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream. Chill.
11) Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
12) Gently beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
13) Using a rubber spatula or wire whisk, fold custard mixture into egg whites.
14) Mix whipped cream and 1 or 2 drops food color till blended.
15) Spoon into prepared pie shell.
16) Sprinkle grated chocolate on the edges.
17) Chill for 3 hours until firm.
18) Serve chilled.