Apple Pie Filling
|Tart apples||2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
1. Thoroughly wash apples with water; peel them and cut into thin slices.
2. Line a 8 ½ inch round pan with a large sheet of foil.
3. In a large bowl, place the apples and sprinkle with lemon juice.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and cloves and toss with apples until mixed well.
5. Into the prepared pan, place the prepared apples.
6. Cover the apples within the large sheet of foil and wrap securely.
7. Label and freeze until use.
8. Use the filling for making deep dish apple pie.