Apple Pie Filling
|Tart apples||2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
1. Thoroughly wash apples with water; peel them and cut into thin slices.
2. Line a 8 ½ inch round pan with a large sheet of foil.
3. In a large bowl, place the apples and sprinkle with lemon juice.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and cloves and toss with apples until mixed well.
5. Into the prepared pan, place the prepared apples.
6. Cover the apples within the large sheet of foil and wrap securely.
7. Label and freeze until use.
8. Use the filling for making deep dish apple pie.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1503 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.72 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 360 g120.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g62.2%
Sugars 290.2 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 2137.5%
Calcium 56.3% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet