Custard Rhubarb Pie
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|Rhubarb||1 Pound, cut in 1-inch slices|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Combine together the flour, sugar and nutmeg. Beat the mixture into the eggs.
3) Add the sliced rhubarb and stir well.
4) Use the pastry to line a 9-inch pie plate.
5) Fill the pastry with the rhubarb mixture.
6) Atop the filling, dot the margarine or butter.
7) Top with the lattice crust and flute the edge.
8) Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
9) Let the pie cool.
10) Serve the pie at room temperature or chilled. Makes a good dessert dish.