Caramel Custard Pie
|Canned evaporated milk||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|9 inch single crust pie pastry||1|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Combine together the evaporated milk, 1/3 cup of water and eggs. Beat till the ingredients have mixed well together.
3) Set the mixture aside.
4) Combine together the flour and brown sugar and cut in the butter till the mixture appears like coarse crumbs.
5) To the brown sugar mixture, add the milk mixture and beat well.
6) Use the pastry to line a 9-inch pie plate.
7) Pour the custard filling in the pastry.
8) Bake the pie for about 30 minutes, till a knife inserted halfway between the center and edge of the pie emerges clean.
9) Allow the pie to cool.
10) Serve the pie at room temperature or chill before serving. If preferred, garnish with whipped cream. Makes a good dessert dish.