Deep Dish Orange Peach Pie
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Orange sections||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut up|
|Canned sliced peaches||29 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|9 inch single crust pie pastry||1|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Combine together the flour, sugar, orange peel and nutmeg.
3) Mix with the canned peaches and orange sections.
4) Turn the concoction into an 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
5) Dot with the margarine or butter.
6) To make the pastry, roll it into a square, 1/8 inch thick, and cut in a 9-inch square.
7) On top of the orange-peach filling, place the pastry, cutting slits to allow the escape of steam.
8) Crimp the pastry to the baking dish-€™s edges.
9) Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
10) Serve the pie while it is still warm. Makes an delectable dessert.