Adriatic Lamb Pie
|Yellow onions||3 Small, peeled, quartered|
|Green pepper||1 Small, halved, seeded, diced|
|Lamb||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cooked, cubed|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggplant||1 Small, pared, cubed|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Instant beef broth||1 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Crumbled rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||1 , washed, trimmed, sliced|
|Refrigerated buttermilk biscuits||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Slice the sausages into 1-inch pieces. In a large skillet, add in the sausages and brown them well. Next, add in the onions and pepper and saute in the sausage drippings.
3) Remove the sausage and vegetables, using a slotted spoon, onto a 12-cup baking dish.
4) In the same skillet, brown the lamb and transfer onto the baking dish. Add in oil and saute the eggplant for 5 minutes.
5) Add in flour and stir in the tomatoes, water, beef broth, salt, basil, rosemary. Let the mixture boil. Add the mixture into the baking dish. Layer the zucchini on top.
6) On a lightly floured pastry board, roll the buttermilk biscuits into thin strips. Place the strips on the stew forming a lattice pattern.
7) Bake for 40 minutes or till the pastry turns a golden brown and the pie is bubbling hot.
8) Serve the Adriatic Lamb Pie with steamed rice on the side.