Pork Ham and Veal Pie
|Veal||3⁄4 Pound (for stew)|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Pork side||3⁄4 Pound|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Cut veal into thin strips.
2) Place in a bowl with bay leaves, brandy and a pinch of salt.
3) Leave to marinate overnight.
4) Cut ham into thin strips, add to veal and leave to marinate for another 2 hours.
5) Preheat the oven to 375°.
6) In a food processor, pass pork and bacon through a grinder twice, or process finely
7) Mix with a little of the marinade and seasoning.
8) In a large bowl, sift flour and 1 tsp salt and make a well in the center.
9) Melt butter in water and bring to a boil.
10) Pour quickly into the flour and mix well.
11) Add one egg yolk and knead to a smooth dough.
12) Working quickly, roll out two-thirds of dough and use to line a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
13) Spread half the pork mixture on bottom, cover with ham and veal mixture and spread remaining pork mixture on top.
14) Roll out remaining dough to fit pie.
15) Seal the edges.
16) Lightly beat remaining egg yolk with a pinch of salt and brush over dough.
17) Bake for 1 hour, then reduce heat to 325°, cover with foil to prevent over-browning and bake for another hour.
18) Serve the ham and vel pork pie with mixed salad.