Mini Apple Pie
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crisco/Vegetable shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||8 Tablespoon|
|Apple pie filling||42 Ounce|
|Granola||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Non stick cooking spray||2 Dash|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 4 baking dishes with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. For Crust – in a large bowl, mix together flour and salt.
3. Add in the Crisco and butter and cut using pastry blender until all flour is blended and forms pea-sized chunks.
4. Add in the water, one tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with fork until dough forms a ball.
5. Place dough on a large sheet of wax paper and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
6. Remove dough after 15 minutes and roll into a circle between two sheets of wax paper.
7. Place the baking dishes on top of the dough and cut around dishes edges.
8. Gently place the dough cut outs into the prepared baking dishes and carefully mold the dough around the dishes.
9. Evenly pour the pie filling into the 4 dishes and set aside.
10. For Toppings – In a small bowl mix together, cinnamon, allspice, and both sugars then set aside.
11. In a medium size bowl, mix together granola, flour, butter and 2 tbsp. of spice mixture.
12. Carefully top granola mix on top of desired apple pies.
13. For Lattice – Roll out scrapped dough then cut 1/4 inch strips. Evenly place 5 strips of the dough onto the pie.
14. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. of spice mix and a sliver of butter on top of pie.
15. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until the pies are golden brown or until bubbly.
16. Serve pies with ice cream.