Cranberry Cheese Pie
|Coconut||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), flaked|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Cream cheese||18 Ounce (1 package)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned whole cranberry sauce||16 Ounce (1 can)|
1) Toast the coconut for about 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Keep stirring often.
2) Combine the toasted coconut with the butter or margarine.
3) Into an 8-inch pie plate, press the coconut-butter mixture.
4) Beat the cream cheese till it has softened.
5) Whip the cream till it is thick (not stiff though) and add the vanilla and sugar.
6) Gradually add the whipped cream mixture to the cream cheese, beating well till the concoction is creamy and smooth.
7) Fold in the cranberry sauce and spoon the mixture into the pie crust.
8) Serve the Cranberry Cheese Pie chilled or at room temperature. Makes a good dessert.