Cranberry Cheese Pie
|Coconut||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), flaked|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Cream cheese||18 Ounce (1 package)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned whole cranberry sauce||16 Ounce (1 can)|
1) Toast the coconut for about 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Keep stirring often.
2) Combine the toasted coconut with the butter or margarine.
3) Into an 8-inch pie plate, press the coconut-butter mixture.
4) Beat the cream cheese till it has softened.
5) Whip the cream till it is thick (not stiff though) and add the vanilla and sugar.
6) Gradually add the whipped cream mixture to the cream cheese, beating well till the concoction is creamy and smooth.
7) Fold in the cranberry sauce and spoon the mixture into the pie crust.
8) Serve the Cranberry Cheese Pie chilled or at room temperature. Makes a good dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3838 Calories from Fat 2593
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 296 g455.1%
Saturated Fat 185.5 g927.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 847.9 mg282.6%
Sodium 1850 mg77.1%
Total Carbohydrates 275 g91.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.4%
Sugars 80 g
Protein 34 g68.6%
Vitamin A 157.2% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 59.6% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet