Spinach And Feta Pie
|Spinach||1 Pound, washed in cold water|
|Egg substitute||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crumbled|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground pecans||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven 400°F.
2) Coat a 9-inch pie plate with butter.
3) In a large pot, boil the water and blanch the spinach, until wilted.
4) Remove the spinach and rinse in ice water and squeeze all the liquid.
5) Transfer the spinach to a food processor chop with on/off turns.
6) In a bowl, combine together spinach with egg substitute, yogurt, cheese, garlic oregano and cinnamon.
7) In a cup, combine the wheat germ and pecans.
8) In the pie plate, distribute the wheat germ mixture evenly in the bottom and up the sides.
9) Pour the spinach mixture into the pie plate.
10) Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
11) Serve Spinach And Feta Pie hot, with the fresh bread or mix salad, if desired.