|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced shallots||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) Rinse and slice the mushrooms with the stems intact.
3) In a skillet, gently saute the mushrooms and minced shallots in the butter for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the flour, cook for another 2 minutes, then pour in the cream and beef broth.
5) Season with the sherry, salt and pepper to taste, cook until the mixture is slightly thick and smooth.
6) In a deep-dish plate or casserole, pour the mixture, cover with the pastry and crimp the edges.
7) Brush the surface with the cream and make a few cuts on the pastry.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
9) Slice and serve the Mushroom Pie, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.9 mg7.6%
Sodium 339.3 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet