|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced shallots||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) Rinse and slice the mushrooms with the stems intact.
3) In a skillet, gently saute the mushrooms and minced shallots in the butter for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the flour, cook for another 2 minutes, then pour in the cream and beef broth.
5) Season with the sherry, salt and pepper to taste, cook until the mixture is slightly thick and smooth.
6) In a deep-dish plate or casserole, pour the mixture, cover with the pastry and crimp the edges.
7) Brush the surface with the cream and make a few cuts on the pastry.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
9) Slice and serve the Mushroom Pie, immediately on individual serving plates.