Strawberry Pineapple Cream Pie
|Regular vanilla pudding mix||3 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||8 3⁄4 Ounce, well drained|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|9 inch baked pastry shell||1 , cooled|
|Fresh strawberries||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||2 Drop|
1) Make the vanilla pudding mix as per the directions on the package using the 1 ½ cups of milk.
2) Slightly cool the mixture without stirring.
3) Fold in the vanilla and the drained pineapple.
4) Whip the cream and fold it into the vanilla pudding mixture.
5) In the cooled, baked pastry shell, spread the mixture.
6) Chill till the filling is set.
7) Crush ½ cup of the fresh strawberries in a small saucepan.
8) Add water and cook for 2 minutes. Sieve.
9) Combine together the cornstarch and sugar and gradually stir in the sieved berries.
10) Put the mixture back in the saucepan and cook, constantly stirring, till it is thick and clear.
11) Tint the mixture to the desired color with red food coloring.
12) Slice the remaining fresh strawberries in half, lengthwise. Keep a few perfect whole strawberries aside for the pie-€™s center.
13) Over the cream filling, arrange the sliced strawberries and spoon the strawberry glaze all over.
14) Chill the preparation for several hours.
15) Serve chilled as a dessert. If preferred, top with dollops of whipped cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2072 Calories from Fat 733
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.6%
Saturated Fat 44 g220.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.6 mg66.5%
Sodium 2017.8 mg84.1%
Total Carbohydrates 301 g100.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.4%
Sugars 227.9 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 515.8%
Calcium 97.5% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet