Low Fat Blueberry Pie
|For flaky pie crust|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/2 sticks)|
|Ice water||4 Tablespoon|
|For blueberry filling|
|Blueberries||3 Cup (48 tbs), drained (fresh or frozen)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. With two knives or pastry blender, cut margarine into a sieve flour and salt mixture until the mixture is of cornmeal consistency.
2. Add ice water to the mixture, toss with a fork and shape into a ball. Allow to chill for 20 minutes.
3. Halve the mixture and thinly roll each of the halves on lightly floured surface. Keep aside until used.
4. Preheat oven 400° F.
5. Take a 9-inch pie plate, line with one flaky pie pastry.
6. Toss blueberries with cornstarch, sugar, and lemon juice.
7. Fill the pie pastry with blueberry mixture, cover, and bake for 43 minutes or until brown.
8. Transfer to cake rack and allow cooling.
9. Serve warm blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream.