Low Fat Pumpkin Pie
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs), pureed (cooked or canned)|
|Powdered ginger||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|9 inch pastry shell||1 , unbaked|
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Beat egg with brown sugar to a thick mixture. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt and beat until mixture softens.
3. Beat melted margarine, cognac, and milk to egg mixture.
4. Turn into pastry shell and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Lower the temperature to 325° F and bake for half an hour or until a knife inserted cleanly comes out.
6. Serve warm with ice cream or cold with homemade whipped cream.