Low Fat Lemon Chiffon Pie
|Gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|9 inch pastry shell||1 , baked|
1. Add sugar and boiling water to gelatin softened in cold water. Stir until dissolved.
2. Chill gelatin mixture until syrupy. Prevent setting, as the texture will not be smooth.
3. Beat egg whites with salt to a stiff, but not dry mixture.
4. Beat corn syrup into egg white mixture gradually.
5. Gently fold lemon mixture into egg whites without beating and keeping the mixture light and fluffy.
6. Stirring intermittently, allow the mixture to chill for about 20 minutes or until it can be heaped.
7. Using a spoon, spread on pie shell. Replace in the refrigerator and chill until set.
8. Serve Lemon Chiffon Pie with whipped cream.